Feng Shui doesn’t get enough representation, it is a reflection of who you are while keeping a balance of Yin and Yang. Yin and Yang are opposite forces that contradictory to each other in the natural world. The serenity of Feng Shui can be important to oneself and when it is represented in a home can give off energy that you can feel every day.
Yin colors are more bright and vibrant creating a feel that is upward or uplifting much like your blues, white, green, and purples. These colors have energy that move upward through the earth to reach the sky.
Yang colors are more earth tones and darker such as your browns, yellows, and orange.
Some colors can be both but it must illicit a feeling for you, for some people purples can feel gloomy and sultry versus some people feel that purple makes them feel energetic and uplifted.
With perfect balance your home can become more to your energy or spiritual liking and your visitors will feel the same but in a different way much like the color purple example. But with the yin and yang balance, they will fell as you do in the home.
To really do a Feng Shui home you need to understand the colors and balance, some people take years to master this but others who are more artistic can really excel.
Yin Colors & Feng Shui
According to descriptions, Feng Shui are the colors which bring about healing and relaxation. The relation between colors and Feng Shui can be better understood by taking the example of some colors as given below.
- Blue: Blue color according to Feng Shui has yin energy and it is calm and soothing. This color has great significance in Feng Shui as it reflects love as it heals and relaxes. Blue creates a feeling of peace and trust. Since it is the color of the sea and sky, Feng Shui associates it with adventure and exploration. Navy blue it the color of intellect and wisdom.
- Black: Black color in Feng Shui symbolizes money and income, black is great for careers, especially when combined with metal. It is the Feng Shui color of emotional protection and power.
- Purple: Purple, the color which lies at the end of the spectrum, has a great significance in spiritual Feng Shui. The color is excellent for physical and mental healing and Feng Shui associates it with spiritual awareness.
- White: The color in Feng Shui represents poise, confidence, and purity. Because of its yin energy, Feng Shui uses this color mostly in combination with gold or silver to generate an atmosphere The other yin colors of Feng Shui are pink and green which also have their individual properties that are used in Feng Shui practice.
Yang colors and Feng Shui
- Yellow: Yellow color in Feng Shui is considered to be as auspicious as red. Yellow represents sunbeams, warmth, motion, cheerfulness and friendliness. However, according to a noted color Feng Shui consultant, prolonged exposure to large amounts of intense yellow can cause anxiety.
- Orange: With a lot of yang energy the orange color has great significance for spiritual Feng Shui practice as it strengthens your concentration. You might use this color when your creative well runs dry. Orange color in Feng Shui is used to give you a sense of purpose. Orange is the color of organization.
The best way to learn Feng Shui is to do your own research and find out which interpretation of Feng Shui relates to you. Is is a style and fashion that can be very misunderstood and sometimes people use the wrong examples so unfortunately, you will need to do some footwork and go to a bookstore.
The real creation will come from your own mind and see more examples on Feng Shui. There is no wrong or right way to develop this style, in the end, it is what you feel and how can you copy the feeling you want in a home.