A home says a lot about a person, everything from the outside to the inside it is a reflection of who the person is and personality they have. The best way to change a personality is to start with a day to day home modeling makeover. There are quick and easy ways to change a personality with just colors alone and can greatly increase mental and physical health.
Start with cleaning the home, clutter and trash can make a person feel constricted and stressed out. A project person may have multiple projects laying out and will stress out the mind and body just by deciding where to start, but if the areas are clear and out of view a person can now focus on which project will take residence. Cleaning up clutter may increase the amount of space to roam around and like many animals the more room there is the calmer and collected they will be. Start with the outside and make your way inside, even if it mean hiring a Gardner for a month to get the yard looking clean and manageable.
Pick new colors! Feeling down or blue a lot, well pick new brighter colors, even men can get a lot out of this. Natural light is a great source of vital vitamins the body needs and can make a home feel more welcoming and fun which may change the attitude directly and quick. Here is a quick guide on color and meanings:
- Red – energy, war, danger, strength, power, a determination as well as passion, desire, and love.
- Orange – enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation.
- Yellow – joy, happiness, intellect, and energy.
- Green – growth, harmony, freshness, safety, and fertility.
- Blue – trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.
- Purple – wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic.
- White – light, goodness, innocence, purity, and virginity.
- Black – power, elegance, formality, death, evil, and mystery.
Try a new style and stick with it. Take a look at the internet and find a style that you like and stick with it a lot of homes can seem chaotic because there is not one style put multiple styles spewed all over the place. Pick a style for each piece of your home if you want to be more eclectic. Maybe a Japanese garden style outside in the front yard, and more ranch style in the back yard, and a modern style for the living room, and a traditional style in the Master bedroom. Find where your center is when is comes to what style needs to be executed and stick with it, it may take longer to find all of the pieces but in the long run, it will be worth it.
A home says a lot about you, but if you are unhappy with who you are or your moods then this could be an easy way to fix all of that. Of course, this is not a cure-all but it can help more that most people think.